Sunday, 15 April 2012
Ramiro peppers stuffed with Manchego Cheese
Another treat from Spain, tapas really is a fantastic way to try everything for a minimal price, this is yet another from my collection.....
2 Ramiro peppers
100g Manchego cheese,cubed
1. On an open flame gas ring, prick with a fork and place one pepper at a time on a high heat to blacken the outer skin.
2. When the skin has blackened wrap the pepper's carefully in clingfilm and leave to cool.
3. Peel off the clingfilm and then peel away the pepper's blackened exterior to reveal the soft red flesh underneath.
4. Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and slice the pepper's into 4cm rounds, taking out the core and the seeds. Stuff the pepper's with cubes of Manchego cheese and seal the open ends with cocktail sticks.
5. Fry the peppers in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes each side, discard the cocktail sticks and serve.